Saturday, January 14, 2006

E is for Ears and EDM Challenge 14


I realized that my drawing this week would work for the Illustration Friday theme ... E is for....Ears. You have to look close and squint to see the ears of my cat, Molly, sticking up from the blanket.

This also covers the Everday matters group challenge 14, draw the first thing you see when you get up, which is usually Molly on top of me performing kitty CPR.
I don't think the colors show up of the green horizontal stripes of the plaid blanket. So, of course, even in this almost still-life, I still had to deal with movement when trying to capture an image- the digital clock ticking away the minutes as well as Molly lurking underneath the blanket.

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

nice drawing!

9:16 PM  
Blogger Sally said...

So cute - the cat and the comments!

10:09 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

You did a great job. Aren't cats great for this sort of thing. My daughter's cat hides in the most unusual places. I think this is adorable with just the two little ears sticking up. And I think you are very clever to get this down onto paper so successfully. Well done.

2:49 AM  
Blogger Lin said...

VERY VERY NICE, Laurie! I LOVE the addition of the cat's ears! And I really like the addition of your words to the page!

4:39 AM  
Blogger MD said...

What delightful sketches.
MD

9:32 AM  
Blogger Teri said...

Too cute Laurie. Those are very expressive ears!

10:04 AM  
Blogger Ellen said...

Cats are so funny. I find ours to be many hours of entertainment! Nice illo!

8:25 PM  
Blogger Felicity Grace said...

Now I want to see Molly!!

3:29 AM  
Blogger Zaz said...

great sketch and also brilliant trying to deal with moving cat and clock! I too want to a sketch of Molly !

I really love these journal pages - a glimpse into your life! Thanks.

Sara

3:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home