Sunday, December 18, 2005

Mission San Xavier del Bac








This morning, I went out with my friend, Jeanne to the Tohono O'odham Reservation (Tucson, Az) to see the Mission San Xavier del Bac and do some sketching. We thought we would draw the mission but ended up being captivated by the scene playing out in front of our parked car. The photo was taken from inside the car (you can see our hats on the dash, also glare from the dash) to give you an idea. There were several ramadas set up and after each mass, there would be people (and dogs - but the dogs would not stand still long enough to be in my sketch) lined up for Indian Fry Bread, burritos, tacos and other wonderful food made from homemade tortillas.

Later in the afternoon, I met my husband, Rob, to feed the ducks at Agua Caliente Park.


"Duck Days" Afternoon


4 Comments:

Blogger Laureline said...

I think you did a wonderful job on that sketch! It is fun to see images from a life so different from mine ;D.

3:25 AM  
Blogger Lin said...

SUPER SUPER JOB!! Love how you used the seated figure against the ramada! Great composition and sketching!

3:52 AM  
Blogger Teri said...

Oh Laurie, it's beautiful! Isn't it funny how something just grabs you. I wanted to be there,I know you two had fun!

I can't wait to see the real sketch. I can't wait to go there with you next time!

5:55 AM  
Blogger Felicity Grace said...

Great sketch Laurie! What an amazing day - it's fascinating to catch a glimpse of life on the other side of the world!

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home