Sunday, November 06, 2005

Intensive Weekend Encaustic Painting Workshop


Well, I went to an intensive weekend encaustic Painting workshop yesterday and all I got was this board. Yep. That's it. That is all I have to show for my first day in the "intensive" workshop. Apparently we ran out of time to do any hands on work. So, looks like I will have homework tonight, just like on Trading Spaces!

The workshop was a birthday present to myself, to inspire me and try new medias. It looks like it will be fun, and I don't normally work with wood as a support. I think I will start off by wood burning the board. I hope my childhood woodburning set still works! No, I am NOT going to tell you how old my woodburning set is.

Well, I have to get ready for today's class. I don't want to be late. It should take me five minutes to get dressed and 20 to find my shoes!

3 Comments:

Blogger Teri said...

So................where is the end result Laurie. Am anxious to see what this is all about.

7:09 AM  
Blogger gabriella travaline said...

You r so funny! I can't wait to see what becomes of this board. I know nothing about encaustic painting so I look forward to hearing more about it. Good luck! And thank u so much for your encouraging comments in my blog.

12:47 AM  
Blogger Felicity Grace said...

I'm interested too. Hope all will become clear, sounds like fun!

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home