Thursday, November 17, 2005

Blind Contour Friday # 16 & 17 - Nov. 18 AND 25th

This is for Inkfinger's Blind Contour Friday - for today - the ceramic lizard, and for next Friday - the St. Joseph aspirin bottle, since I will be out of town for Thanksgiving. Actually, you will see there are three blind contours, one was for last Friday's b.c. self-portrait challenge.
I actually do have hair, if you scroll down to my previous post of International Sketch Crawl Day, you can compare to my photograph, I am on the end, far right. I did these blind contours with a squiggly line rather than a straight line. It was sort of like rubbing your stomach and patting your head, try to draw blind with a squiggly line. However, it made my drawing go faster, because I wasn't thinking about it as much. I have yet to figure out whether to try to draw totally not looking or glance when you reach the total end of an area to resposition. On the lizard for instance, it was blind until you get to the foot sticking out by the aspirin bottle and I glanced to resposition. Oh well, Happy Thanksgiving.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

3 in one eah? ha.

well, i am glad you are trying to get them all in. I do think you should try not looking until you are done though, because they come out looking far more interesting and fun. I feel that if i look when i am doing a bcd, it is more of a slopping drawing than a blind contour. haha.

the lizard is very fun .

8:07 AM  
Blogger Kiri said...

i agree with niff dont look to reposition. the bcd have more character when things don't line up

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home